Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"How Much Does It Pay?"

(32 hits on New Year's Eve-Eve! Thanx, everyone!)  HOW MUCH DOES IT PAY?  In June 1987, my starting salary was $16,000 per year with a full benefits package.  By the time I left McGraw-Hill in October 1990, I was earning about $22,000 per year.  The only time I have ever been able to top this salary was as a High School English Teacher at Harvard H. Ellis Regional Vocational Technical School in Danielson, CT; where I earned about $33,000 per year with full benefits, in a one-year temporary position in Fall 1999. The insurance package was Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield. I received excellent healthcare and medical treatment at Medical Center of NE CT in Fall 1999 and at Backus Hospital in Spring 2000 as a result of being a recipient of this healthcare benefits package.  This is how I know that the public healthcare system sucks! However, I am very happy with the healthcare I have been receiving since Fall 2006. ("Talk about seven years bad luck!" '99-06)