Monday, October 4, 2010

Up Next

THE BUSINESS LUNCH II 
("Are you dating anyone?")

"We will be getting you a Laser printer. Once you have it, all you will have to do is press a button and it will print everyone's letters. They can type their letters from their own computers."

Debbie did not hear what her boss was saying. Her mind raced in a million different directions, full of letters and proposals to type, and office supplies to order for the entire staff.

"Yeah, it should make things a lot easier," she agreed. "The WANG makes much more work for me."

"Yes, it seems like that."

They stepped into the elevator.

"We'll still keep the WANG."

"Well, that's good. I could use it for some things."

Talk turned to the weather.

"I don't usually go out in winter because I hate getting all bundled up."

"I love the cold. I'm a New Englander."

"It's not so much the cold I mind. I just hate getting bundled up."

They mulled over the Japanese menu.

"Do you like Gyoza?"

"I don't know what that is."

"If you remember, I was quite heavy at one time. When I decided to go to Japanese restaurants for lunch, I lost weight."

"I don't know what I want. Let's see," Debbie scanned the menu. "I didn't like Japanese food at first but my roommates only go to Japanese restaurants."

"Do you mean the ones...?" Crystal paused.

"The ones here in Manhattan."

"Do you still go out with them?"

"Yes, but they're in their own world, here in Manhattan. They like the really expensive clubs."

The subject of money was being given a chance to surface...TO BE CONTINUED.