Tuesday, August 10, 2010

THE APARTMENT IN DISARRAY

19 hits to my (collective) blog yesterday, on Monday, August 9th!  Thanx for reading, everyone!  Next...The Apt in Disarray...RING!  "Do you have an apartment for rent?" 

"Yes.  I don't know!" Debbie sighed.

"Well, can you tell me anything about it?  Are both bedrooms rented? How many people live there? Do you live there? Where will everyone sleep? Which room is still for rent?  The five hundred dollar one or the seven hundred dollar one?"

All day long, at work and now at home, she wearily explained that she did not have the details, that the "contact name" (as some nitwit had requested) was Nicole, thta she did not have time to answer any questions, she worked in a "very busy office." She sure as hell did not  want to rent to Ms. "Contact Name," or anyone else so obviously wrapped up in the business lifestyle that was New York.  Let's take the office home, why don't we?  Life was too short.

"Oh! I hate liking somebody!" Joyce moaned, emerging from the bathroom in a hopeless, old blue bathrobe.

"Should I call him?  OK, Debbie, I know you're sick of hearing this.  This is the last time.  Let's take a hypothetical situation."

"Yes. Definitely call him.  I know I'm paranoid when I like somebody, so he's probably paranoid, too."

"Really?  But he's so good-looking.  Don't you think he'd be turned off.  Let's take this situation and pretend it's Scott.  Scott hasn't called you in a few days.  What would you do?"

A frown appeared on Debbie's usually bright face.

"That's why I hate liking somebody!" Joyce groaned.

"Did you have definite plans, Joyce?" Nicole asked.

"Yes."

"Did he say, Let's go out Tuesday Night?" Debbie probed.

"Yes.  Well, he said he'd call me next week, sometime."

"He's insecure.  Give him a call." Debbie pushed.

"But I already did.  His father said he's at his cousins."

"Did you call his cousins?"

"Yes, and they're out.  He's out with his cousins.  Oh, I don't want to like anyone.  Should I call him?"

"Joyce.  I'm waiting for a very important phone call.  Can't you wait until eleven?" Nicole insisted crossly.

"Yeah, Juan-slash-Phil," Debbie chirped.

0834D